Kodi ‘Nexus’ Beta 1 is the first beta release, and the most stable to date. The Kodi Foundation says of it: “This is the first Beta release of Nexus, and we are quite confident in its stability.
Here’s everything that’s new.
- Assorted binary addon fixes/updates — imagedecoder, screensaver, vis. Thanks to @AlwinEsch as always for the huge amount of work supporting Kodi’s addon interfaces.
- Fix/refactor “multi instance” GUI settings for addons. This work carries on from the PVR binary addons being able to have multiple backend instances.
- New id3 tag metadata stream support for PVR Radio addons.
- Add new
SetVideoResolutionwith max resolution.
- Clean DB was previously broken in earlier Nexus builds. This has now been fixed by @enen92.
- Update libbluray to 1.3.2 for all platforms.
- Fix a “double free” issue when ejecting a disk .- Sidenote: thank you @prahal for your first contribution to Kodi core.
- UPNP fixes for picture handling .
- First time contributor @ihipop improved support for subtitle formats when accessed via UPNP DLNA.
- Fix bookmark resume for .strm files.
jsonrpc Player.GetPropertiesresponse when playback from a widget is done.
- Fix race condition in
CJobmanagercausing crashes – Sidenote: @neo1973 is our newest team member, welcome to the team!
- Application refactors. A large effort by @notspiff refactoring some very old code into more manageable chunks.
- Assorted improvements found by static analysis tools. Thanks @Rechi.
- Write correct duration to tracks in M3U playlists.
- Improvements to the header inclusions for a lot of areas of Kodi. This is a step to improve build times in general that mostly aims to reduce the number of components rebuilt when changes were made in a few extremely common objects. Thanks @notspiff, @ksooo.
- @rubpa has diagnosed and fixed a race condition in picture thumbnail loading.
- Mouse cleanup.
- Another first time contributor @jjlin added support for HTTPS proxies.
- Unix based platforms
- Android and Apple platforms now ship with Python 3.11 built in. Python 3.11 is a very notable release due to considerable improvements in CPython regarding speed. Checkout the python release notes for more info.
Sensitivity on the Remote has been reduced, and the tooltip and setting has been made more intuitive by @sy6sy2.
- Assorted EPG search fixes.
- Added possibility to browse available PVR client add-ons from PVR settings.
- Channels and Recordings now can be sorted by provider.
- Various fixes and performance improvements.
- Large refactoring improvements.
- Replace favorites dialog with new favorites window, providing different views and other enhancements.
- Added a new infobool
- Estuary specifics
- PVR Channel Manager redesign.
- Click on PVR Home screen section icon now opens Channels window again.
- Some smaller changes to the PVR OSD.
- Extend music context menu functionality, add ability to play albums directly from home screen.
- Extend video context menu functionality.
- Fix for 3D MVC subtitles not appearing correct when frame packed.
- Inputstream support for AV1 codec.
- Don’t attempt to use hardware AV1 decode if forcing software decoding. This fixes AV1 thumbnail generation on devices that don’t support AV1 hardware decoding.